George's C5

George's C5
We are two guys that love Corvettes and 60's muscle cars. Nothing against muscle from the 70's or 80's but, this is our blog, and these are our thoughts. I am George Phillips, he is Gary Archa and together we will share our words and thoughts about cars. Enjoy the ride!

My First Corvette

In 1967 I was in a parking lot in Fort Worth Texas on my way to a barber shop with my Father and Brother when I saw it.  It in this case was a beautiful red '63 Corvette Sting Ray Coupe.  I just stopped and stared and said something like 'someday I'll own one of these'.  No matter what I uttered the fact is I was in love.  It wasn't until much later that I found out exactly what the car year and model were and much later Gary, my writting partner on this blog, tried to convince me I could afford a Sting Ray.  Together we found a '62 owned by an individual that gave me a chance to test drive.  The handling and short stroke of the shifter increased my love for this automobile.  But, timing was wrong so I wasn't able to purchase this particular car, either my offer was wrong or his price too high - it doesn't matter because what counted most was I finally got to drive a Corvette.

Years later I bought my first Corvette.  I found a beautiful 1974 L82 Corvette Stingray coupe with custom headers, Mille Miglia (a red/orange) on the outside and medium saddle on the inside.  Absolutley beautiful. It was owned by a guy that had too many cars and owned too many companies.  Everything was perfect and I finally had the car of my dreams.  The Corvette pictured here is very close to my first Vette - a tad bit more red than what I had and this one is not an L82.  Never the less she's a real beauty.
George -

No comments:

Post a Comment